College/University Students


College/University Students:

University is an expensive time for students and we recognise that these aspiring professionals sometimes need some extra support.  We are proud that our past recipients have gone on to such high achievements in the fields of medicine, dentistry, journalism, education, academia, law and science.

We may be able to help you If your planned funding has broken down due to circumstances beyond your control after your course has started.  For you to be eligible for help, your parents must hold a university degree or equivalent and/or be part of a profession that requires this level of education.  Alternatively, if you have a first degree yourself then you meet our criteria.

Our grants for students are usually in the region of £300 – £500. We advise students to seek additional funding.

 We may be able to assist you if you are studying in the UK and have completed at least one academic term.  You must be:

  • over 18 years of age 
  • a UK citizen or have indefinite leave to remain 
  • an EU or overseas student undertaking studies in the UK
  • a medical, dental or veterinary student in the final two years of your course

We may be able to assist you with:

  • course travel expenses in some circumstances (e.g. work or research placements)
  • other related course expenses (e.g. stationery, text books, production of thesis).

We do not sponsor students or assist with:

  • study abroad
  • ordination courses
  • conversion courses
  • intercalated years or medical elective periods
  • IELTS, ORE or PLAB tests for overseas doctors

If you would like to apply for a Student grant, please fill out our Student Enquiry Form if using computer/ laptop or download form here if using smartphone/ tablet.


Please see our Privacy Policy which explains how the Professionals Aid Council handles the personal data you provide to us in order to receive our support.